«They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself». Andy Warhol
Irina Bashuk: «In my performances I work with the idea of TIME FLOW. Sometimes I am worried by its play. I cannot understand in which moment of reality I AM. Sometimes I get stuck between thoughts about the past and the future.
Where is this wonderful moment of being "here and now"? What is NOW? When will NOW happen and how can I be fully present in every second of my human being?
To see changes in life we must watch objects or actions. I was thinking about my goals, dreams, and noticed that they are changing, developing or disappearing. At certain moments I feel I can literally touch my thoughts and ideas. And then a few seconds later it turns out they are gone. So for this performance I created an accessory which is transforming and in this way marking the flow of time».
If you already know how it works, press Start watching
1. Install ALTstage app on your smartphone or tablet find ALTstage on Google Play or App Store or scan the QR-code if your device does not meet the minimal technical requirements, you will not find ALTstage among the available apps
2. For ALTstage experience you will need a smartphone or tablet with certain technical parameters: iPhone 7 or newer smartphone with Android 8.0 or newer supporting ARCore
3. When you open the ALTstage mobile app give the app access to your camera, gallery, and microphone read the instructions and follow the app prompts
4. On the main screen of the app choose and download the performance (each show is about 200 MB) when the download is completed, press "Go to scanning mode"
5. To launch a playback on your laptop screen, press the button "Start watching" point your smartphone camera at the QR-code that will appear on the laptop screen when the scanning has been successful, the playback will start automatically
6. During playback enlarge the window with the video to fill the whole screen by double-clicking on it a countdown on your smartphone will inform you about the approaching augmented reality content to launch the augmented reality content on your smartphone, point the camera of your smartphone at the laptop screen and make sure you capture the whole screen press the circle on your smartphone screen to take a photo, press and hold to make a video
7. The fast forward function for the AR videos is currently unavailable 8. Do not pause a video for longer than 5 seconds 9. To stop watching and return to menu press the icon in the left corner 10. If you want to watch the performance again, refresh the page on the website: the system generates a unique QR-code for each playback session